Interpersonal Reactivity Index, IRI
|Test:||Interpersonal Reactivity Index, IRI|
• Perspective Taking – the tendency to spontaneously adopt the psychological point of view of others.
• Fantasy – taps respondents' tendencies to transpose themselves imaginatively into the feelings and actions of fictitious characters in books, movies, and plays.
• Empathic Concern – assesses «other-oriented» feelings of sympathy and concern for unfortunate others.
• Personal Distress – measures «self-oriented» feelings of personal anxiety and unease in tense interpersonal settings.
- Mark H. Davis. A Multidimensional Approach to Individual Differences in Empathy // Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1980. 10(85)