Michigan Alcohol Screening Test, MAST
Online version of the Michigan Alcohol Screening Test (MAST) one of the oldest and most accurate alcohol screening tests.
There are a lot of versions of MAST available, some of them are presented here:
- Original MAST by Melvin L. Selzer (1971) with weighted scoring;
- Simplified UMAST with unit scoring;
- Brief BMAST by Pokorney, Miller and Kaplan (1972) with weighted scoring;
- Shortened SMAST by Selzer, Vinokur and van Rooijen (1975) with unit scoring.
Test is provided for educational and entertainment use only. It is not intended to be a psychological advice of any kind, and come without any guarantee of accuracy or validity. Assesment is free and anonymous. You can save the direct link to your results.
- M. L. Selzer. The Michigan alcoholism screening test: the quest for a new diagnostic instrument // The American journal of psychiatry, 1971 Jun; 127(12)
- A. D. Pokorny, B. A. Miller, H. B. Kaplan. The brief MAST: a shortened version of the Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test // The American journal of psychiatry, 1972 Sep; 129(3)
- M. L. Selzer, A. Vinokur, L. van Rooijen. A self-administered Short Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (SMAST) // Journal of studies on alcohol, 1975 Jan; 36(1)